(1) We may store several names, phone numbers and email addresses for a customer e.g. Accounts, Manager. Sometimes this information will be personal such as a named individual with a personal email address and mobile number, and other times it maybe generic information e.g. email@example.com.
(2) Date of Birth may be held for sole traders when performing credit checks
(3) We store bank details if we make payments by cheque or BACS transfer. We do not store credit / debit card details (we are PCI DSS compliant in this area).
(4) Someone who has registered an interest with us would have provided consent to receive brochures, marketing emails, etc.
(5) We need to capture personal information in order for us to successfully run surveys, competitions and other promotions helping us give you what you want.
In addition, our web sites and other technologies automatically collect certain information (see below) to help us administer, protect, and improve our services; analyse usage; and improve users’ experience.
Information we collect automatically:
(a) First Party Cookies: These cookies are created by historyheraldry.com to enable the functionality of various aspects of our website, typically random numbers and letters (PHP session cookie) which identifies a specific user’s session. This will expire when you leave the website.
(b) Third Party Cookies: These are created by companies to provide various services which we use to enhance our site. The only one we use is Google Analytics used to determine where visitors are coming from and what content they are looking at. No personal information is collected by Google Analytics. Cookies beginning with _ga, _gat, _utm(x) are used to collect information about traffic and user activity.
We may also collect information about your device each time you use a site. If you have an account with us, we may collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you log into our services. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. Examples of the device information that we collect include operating system, hardware version, browser type and IP address
We also collect log information when you use our website which includes amongst other things – device information such as web browser type and language; how long you have been on our web site; pages viewed, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser, and pages you visit before or after navigating to our website.